1. 10 Workout Moves to Do Before Breakfast (SELF.COM)
2. Janet Jackson Will Release New Music This Year (THEFADER.COM)
3. Supreme Celebrates 20th Anniversary of “KIDS” With A Special Collection Dropping This Week (COMPLEX.COM)
4. Ways to Beat Allergy Season Like A Boss (VOGUE.COM)
5. Curtis Kulig Illustrates His Ideal Eyeglasses for the Sartorialist (HYPEBEAST.COM)
Yes, you heard me right – I’m featured on a ShowTime Docuseries and as I type that I’m still questioning how I got here. Literally. I went from wanting to stay behind the camera when I started my career, to bending against my views on social media (see the upper left corner of my social channels, titled “Vashtie Sells Out”) to now being featured on sort of reality TV. It started in ’06 when I reluctantly started blogging and I started to meet you guys – sending me messages and me realizing that I had friends all over the world just like me! So I continued to share!
Anyways, Sure this isn’t your typical show and it is in fact shot beautifully, but still…I have no idea how this will turn out, but it shall be interesting.
Way back in March I was asked to be featured in Glamour Magazine’s “Month in Outfits”. Mixing and matching 5 staple pieces 30 different ways was no easy task! I definitely came out out of my comfort zone playing with color and patterns for the shoot. I even got to sneak my States x Vashtie Puma Collaboration sneakers in there. Check out the spread below!