Apple cider vinegar is incredibly lit. We could literally curate a list with over fifty associated health benefits but we’ll keep it short and sweet.
Apple Cider Vinegar, or ACV for short, derives from the completion of two processes. The first step exposes apple cider (sort of like the delicious beverage you drink on Thanksgiving) to yeast, which ferments the sugars in the apples and turns them into alcohol. Next, bacteria are added to the alcohol solution, which further ferment the alcohol and turn it into acetic acid, the active component in vinegar.
Depending on how you use it, below are just a few of the incredible benefits of ACV:
- Prevents flu & illness
- Dissolves kidney stones
- Helps relieve sinus pressure
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers cholesterol
- Balances pH
- Relieve heartburn, nausea, acid reflux
- Improves symptoms of asthma, allergies
- Weight loss management
- Reduction of migraines
- Reduces inflammation
- Conditions and strengthens hair
- Clears up fungus
- Reduce/prevent acne
Check out a few fun ways to integrate ACV into your routine and prepare to let it improve your quality of life! Oh, and don’t be turned off by the smell, we promise it’s worth it!
- Add a tablespoon or so of ACV into your water or take it as a shot first thing in the morning
- Apply a small amount onto a cotton ball and use it to relieve complications associated with minor wounds, bacterial, and fungal infections
- Use a bit in your shampoo or as your shampoo, make sure to condition thoroughly!
- Use it a small amount as a toner
- Apply it to acne and acne scars
- Incorporate it into your meals! Try a dab in a homemade salad dressing, stir fry, or marinade!
As you can see, the opportunities to incorporate ACV into your life are limitless, try it out for yourself and enjoy the cleanse!