It’s Valentines Day, and it’s no secret it can be a dreadful day for many.
Fortunately, there’s good news: You have, you. And no, not in the cliche sense–really think about this one. Through all of your ups and downs, you have and will always be there for yourself. There’s never been a better time than today to celebrate your self-love.
Acts of self-love should be a permanent staple in your routine, but sadly, they often fall by the wayside. Work happens, school happens, friends happen, life happens. But on days like this, it is important to be reminded of just how critical these practices are for us as human beings. Whether you are in a relationship or not, it is paramount you invest in self-care and are mindful of your well-being.
Below are a few easy tips to remind you of how dope you really are:
1. List 5 things you’re grateful for every day. Once in the morning and once in the evening.
2. Look in the mirror. Note the things you love most about your body & be mindful that beauty cannot be defined.
3. Live your life in ways that reflect your innermost desires, manifest your dreams.
4. Treat others with love and respect.
5. Nourish your body with healthy meals and drinks that will make it thrive, beauty comes from within!
The list can go on and on, but you get the idea. Set your intention and constantly remind yourself of all of your awesome qualities. Be your own inspiration, tell your inner critic to shut up, and unapologetically celebrate your life!
For more information, check out this helpful article from Tiny Buddha!