Well, okay. When the producers for 3am contacted me to be apart of the show, I was super reluctant. But, my friends Fat Jew and Kirill were involved – so I was a bit more interested than usual. Still…despite sharing my life on my blog, I’ve been extremely private with a lot of things…my personal relationships, my childhood, etc. The thought of being on TV was frightening.
Some of you may know, that I started my blog after a friend advised me in 2006 that it could inspire people in other places. I was against the idea, even stating “who ares about what I do”? Now, as I’ve sold my soul to the selfie devils and SnapChat gods, I sit here talking about my feature in a Showtime Network Docuseries.
After years of slowly opening up to the world and transitioning from being closed off and more…well…open, I thought – this show could really just capture my life, how I try and capture it using my blog and social media. If sharing my world could help inspire someone else, then the show wouldn’t be totally out of character. Besides, it’s a love story…about my most loved…New York City.
I have to say, I watched the debut last week and felt overwhelmed by how absolutely intense the show and characters are. It really paints New York City nightlife in an exciting, beautiful (shot so gorgeously), yet shocking way. My story is definitely more tame, but – I guess I won’t really know how it looks until I see the edited episodes at the same time you guys do.
Welp. Here goes nothing. You guys will definitely be seeing and learning things about me on a personal note that I have NEVER shared before. I’m nervous, but would really appreciate the support of you watching. Thanks!
When Trending NY reached out a few weeks back asking me to grace their cover with a double 4 page spread, I was beyond stoked. Their publication is barely a year old and already keeping the fashionable hip to the game. Just read what WWD said about their debut…
A couple of weeks ago I was asked to open for the amazing Santigold at the Music Hall of Williamsburg for the Steve Madden Presents Series. I almost didn’t make it since I had a bad case of food poisoning (yes, raw vegans can get food poisoning!). But somehow, I made it through my 1+ hour set with no food in my system from the last 48 hours. To my surprise the crowd loved it and was even clapping and screaming at the end of my set.
1. Don’t make agreements. It’s a horrible time for negotiating contracts or making decisions.
2. Don’t accept or start a new job.
3. Don’t try to close the sale. Closing a deal is often based on taking advantage of great timing.
4. Don’t initiate new projects.
5. Don’t schedule meetings. Avoid or minimize scheduling meetings during Mercury retrograde because you’re most likely to experience confusion.
6. Avoid traveling a lot. If you can’t put certain trips on hold, just be aware that you can expect an unusual amount of last-minute flight cancellations, meeting postponements and long transportation delays.
7. Don’t purchase computers or begin installations.
8. Don’t repair your car or automobile. If you have to repair it, make sure you triple-check the work that was done.
9. Don’t buy things- you will later regret it.
10. Don’t select a roommate or move in with a new one.