In honor of the fact that I am heading to Jamaica for my very first time and that I am DJ’ing at GoldenEye Resort for NYE – I’m reposting this SCHOOL GIRL CRUSH piece that I did back in March 2010 on Supercat because it will forever be relevant!
First of all, his dapper style and West Indian accent murdered it! In hindsight, he kind of looked like one of my uncles (with that “IND-YAN” mix) and attracted/scared me like every old school West Indian man does. He just had that look of crazy in his blood shot eyes – cool as a cucumber, but after one too many rum and cokes and a domino game gone wrong he wouldn’t be afraid to pull out a “cut lass” and cut that ass or break a guinness bottle on someone’s unsuspecting skull. you couldn’t blame him – It’s just the curry in his blood…
His reign was great and proper.
Read more ›
I am so ecstatic about DJ’ing in Jamaica for NYE. Not only that, but I’m DJ’ing at the famed GoldenEye Resort where English author/journalist and naval intelligence officer, Ian Fleming wrote his James Bond series of spy novels.
Ian Fleming looking like a boss.
Anyways. I have never in my Trinidadian-American life visited Jamaica. I am so excited to visit. Not only is the island magic in my mind (reggae, dancehall, jerk, Super Cat), but as an island spirit…I know it will be divine!
If you are around or looking for a getaway, get yourself a ticket. We can hang and take grams.
BUY YOUR GOLDENEYE JAMAICA TICKET HERE!
Or, if you are in NYC – my party at Webster Hall will be on and popping! Go and party with my friends. Since I won’t be there, feel free to talk junk about me with my co-workers Huggy Bear, Deemehlow and Oscar 1992…I won’t care while under the hot Jamaican sun!
1. Puma teamed up with LimitEditions for the “Cream Blaze of Glory” pack. (SLAMXHYPE.COM)
2. 30 NYE Boots that are comfortable, yet festive. (REFINERY29.COM)
3. Solange is in the new campaign for Eleven Paris. (ELLE.COM)
4. 26 Songs that are turning 10 years old in 2015 (BUZZFEED.COM)
5. Daniel Arnold’s photographs from #MillionsMarchNYC (THEFADER.COM)
DECEMBER, 2014. NEW YORK CITY
Peep the BEHIND THE SCENES of my HEINEKEN HOLIDAY DINNER, hosted by yours truly.
ILOVEMAKONNEN – “TUESDAY”
FILM & EDIT:
1. The 15 Best Sneaker Collabs of 2014 (COMPLEX.COM)
2. NYC Hip Hop Hall of Fame Museum to Open in Harlem and in Midtown. (THEFADER.COM)
3. Rihanna is Confirmed as Puma’s New Creative Director. (THEFADER.COM)
4. Yung Lenox is coming out with a short film “Live Fast, Draw Yung”
5. Places to go in NYC before New Year’s (REFINERY29.COM)