Our skin is like our body’s armor. We wear it on the outside and it protects what’s on the inside. However, the thing that makes our skin different and special is that unlike the armor, it is the most responsive, largest, and smartest organ in our body. After all, isn’t 2017 “the year of skincare and communication?” While everyone is striving for ways to achieve clearer and healthier skin, the solution is a whole lot simpler than it seems. Here are our five tips!:
1. The oldest one in the book that will withstand the test of time is always going to be drinking water. Water hydrates your body and moisturizes your skin. Replacing sugary drinks, that tend to be the number one cause of acne, with water will make a huge difference.
2. Making lemons your BFF. While the lemon is packed with a plethora of health benefits, it also happens to be a natural skin brightener. It works extremely well at removing the face of dark spots and blemishes while giving your skin a natural glow.
3. Refraining from using chemical based, non-organic facial products and simply doing it yo’ self. Whether it be lemons for brightness or honey for smoothness, there are natural alternatives to face masks that claim to be working for your skin while actually working against it. You know the rule. If there are any words in the ingredients that you cannot pronounce, leave it on the shelf.
4. Watching your diet and staying far, far away from oils. You can treat your skin with all the TLC in the world, but if your diet is unhealthy you won’t see any results. What you put in is always what you get out. If you eat a lot of oily foods be prepared to have oily skin. Oil clogs the pores in your face and clogged pores lead to breakouts.
5. Please, stop popping your pimples. Despite the fact that your hands are never truly dirt and bacteria free, pimple popping leaves facial scars that are so hard to get rid of. You may think that you’re doing your face justice, but treating it the right way is so much easier than trying to remove the dark mark it will leave behind.