As summer comes to an end and fall approaches us, VDC team is back again with another style guide to prepare everyone for fall.
Summer coming to an end may be sad for some, but for most fall means endless outfit ideas and layering opportunities for girls/guys to have fun with. Temperatures fluctuate greatly during the fall. Mornings will be chilly, afternoons will be hot, and evenings will be cool again. If you are at work or at school all day long, you may not have the time to change your clothes. The best way to manage this is by wearing layers, which you can take off as the day grows warmer.
1. Plan on layering your clothes
Make your fall denim pop by styling it with a black turtleneck or graphic tee.
2. Wear shirts and tops that can be layered
If you live in a place that gets cooler weather during fall, consider wearing some short-sleeved or long-sleeved shirts; these can be worn under cardigans, or over lacy tank tops. You may also wear turtlenecks and button-up shirts and blouses. If you live in a place that gets warmer weather, you can wear tank tops and short-sleeved shirts. Here are some more ideas:
- Wear a lacy tank top under a long-sleeved blazer. The lace will peep out from under, giving you a feminine look while keeping you warm.
- Wear a plaid, button-up shirt over a white tank top or short-sleeved shirt. For a classic fall look, pair this with some Dickies and your favorite boots or sneakers.
3. Choose appropriate outerwear
A leather trench merges two classic fall jackets into one that feels fresh and can take any look to a new level of cool.
The mornings and evenings during fall are usually cold. Because of this, you want to wear something over your shirt that can be easily taken off. Here are some suggestions:
- If you live in a place that is cold and wet during the fall, consider wearing a jacket or a long trench coat. You can also wear heavier coats, cardigans, and sweaters.
- Hoodies are great for all sorts of weather; they can also be easily tied around your waist when it gets too warm.
- Accessorize with gold chains to give your outfit a pop
3. Wear long pants and skirts
Add a little edge to a long split skirt by styling it with low top sneakers and glasses.
4. Wear boots and sneakers
Fall is the time to put away your wedges, pumps, sandals, and flip flops. Instead, wear close-toed shoes, sneakers, and boots. Here are some ideas:
- For cool, damp falls, opt for a pair of Doc Martens, Ralph Lauren boots or other combat, military, or work boots.
- If you live in a place that gets warmer weather during fall, you can wear canvas shoes, such as Chuck Taylors or Vans.
- You can also wear some fashionable riding boots, knee-high boots, or calf-length boots.
That concludes our 2019 Fall Style Guide. This style guide will help you transition from summer to fall with no problems. Let us know your favorite stores that carry the most chic & stylish clothes for the fall. Also, chat with us via Instagram on what items or piece of clothing we can add to our fall style guide. Check back soon for our Winter Style Guide!