For some of us, gym is life. Vashtie has made it apparent to work out and stay healthy as apart of her lifestyle. Keeping up with wellness all year makes it easier for your body to get accustomed to a healthier life style. For others, gym isn’t life and more of a seasonal activity, but hey you have to start somewhere right? Summer is quickly coming to an end and if you’re like most, you’re ready to hit the gym again to keep your body fit. Here at Vashtiedotcom, we’re going to give you a few ways to keep your body right through “gym season” in hopes to keep you motivated all year round:
- Dress for the occasion: Buying new workout gear or even laying out a cute workout ensemble to put on the next day does wonders for my motivation. Looking good while I workout just makes me even more excited to hop into leggings and sneakers!
- Start your workout indoors: Doing your warm up indoors can be an effective way to get you into the swing of your workout. Your warm up can consist of stretching, doing jumping jacks, high knees, etc. This is a good way to get your blood moving and keep your muscles loose so you don’t hurt yourself during your workout.
- Make a fitness goal: Making a goal for the spring time will motivate you to do the work needed during the winter to make sure you’re ready. If you’re preparing for a 5K run or a competitive meet or even just a vacation you have coming up, having a goal is a great way to keep yourself active this “gym season.”
- Be vocal on your social media: If you are posting on your social media letting everyone know about your fitness goals and when you’re exercising, it makes you publicly accountable. This pushes you to be even more dedicated to not falling short of your goals.
- Switch it up: Doing a new workout or adding a little variation to your workout can get you excited to try something new that might push you even closer to your goals.
- Grab a friend: Having a friend push you or force me to not give in to taking many unneeded breaks when working out. It’s okay to ask for help.
- Celebrate every step of the way: Set small goals that can be rewarded once reached. This way you aren’t chasing a huge goal that seems far away and out of reach. Congratulating yourself as you get better will make you want to keep working.
- Remember what works for you: Don’t get stuck into the idea that your workouts have to look a certain way or that you have to structure your workouts like everyone else to get the results you want to see. Everyone is different and we all have different things that motivate us as well as work us physically. Listen to your body and act accordingly, you won’t regret it!