If you follow me on the gram, you might have seen my morning stories where I share that I drink 32 ounces of room temperature lemon water on an empty stomach every morning. This habit of mine has become so routine for the past five or so years that I refuse to eat or drink anything before I’ve had my lemon water, no matter where I am in the world.
Why am I such a hardcore believer? Well, I’ve seen and (more than anything) felt the benefits. Here are 10 reasons to help you come over to the dark side, which is not dark at all, but more light, healthy and refreshing.
1. Lemon is a great source of vitamin C, vitamin A, beta-carotene, folate, calcium, and potassium
2. Lemon water aids in digestion and removes waste 💩
3. After 8 hours or so of sleep, your body is dehydrated – which lemon water solves immediately.
4. It helps to restore and maintain the body’s PH.
5. Lemon is an anti-inflammatory and helps to fight infections.
6. Lemon is effective in cleansing the liver and promotes, flushing out toxins.
7. Lemon gives your body and skin a nice dose of folate to maintain cell function
8. Lemon juice increases your metabolic rate and aids in weight loss.
9. Lemon juice reduces joint and muscle pain.
10. It just feels good to say you had half your required water intake as soon as you woke up